Frankincense is derived from the sap from a specific variety of trees in the genus Boswelia. Harvests are done at various times and the more opaque resins are considered to be the best quality.
Emotionally Frankincense may help a person have a better attitude, which may help to strengthen the immune system.
Aromatically this oil helps to focus energy, minimize distraction and improve concentration. It can alleviate symptoms of hyperactivity, impatience, irritability and restlessness.
In going through this list you will see why Frankincense is called the “King of Oils”.
- Heal wounds from cuts, scrapes, and burns. For even greater benefit, apply Lavender essential oilfirst then layer Frankincense on top. The combination of these two oils together is amazing when it comes to healing wounds.
- Reduce and fade scars. Continue use after the wound has healed to reduce and fade scarring.
- Strong immune system. The antiseptic properties of Frankincense make it ideal for supporting a strong immune system. Massage a few drops into the balls of your feet every day. Also diffusing it throughout your home. This is especially good during cold and flu season.
- Stress, anxiety and depression. Apply a drop at the temples to relieve stress and evoke a feeling of calmness. You can also rub a few drops mixed in a carrier oil on the back of the neck when you feel anxious. Something else you can do is simply inhale the aroma of the oil by rubbing a drop or two between the palms of your hands then bringing them up to your nose and taking a deep breath. Also stops head chatter when applied to neck.
- Anti-aging. None of us likes to look old. Dabbing Frankincense on fine lines and wrinkles will make them less noticeable. A 50/50 blend with a carrier oil (fractionated coconut oil, sweet almond oil). Also add a drop of Frankincense to your daily moisturizer.
- Relieve itching. A single drop applied to the affected area will bring immediate relief.
- Relieve arthritis pain and swelling. Mix with a carrier oil and rub into aching joints at night before bed and throughout the day,
- Remove moles, skin tags, and warts. Insert a toothpick into the bottle. Roll the toothpick on the skin tag, mole or wart. Make sure the oil only goes on the affected area.
- Reduce swelling from insect bites. A single drop dabbed on an insect bite will reduce the swelling and stop the itching.
- Enhance the efficacy of other essential oils. The best is saved for last. Layer Frankincense over other essential oil to enhance that oil’s properties and drive the oils deeper into the cells. This layering will deliver amazing results for those times when you need to kick it up a notch.
Some common uses for Frankincense are: ADD/ADHD, aging, allergies, antiseptic, asthma, anxiety, bites, bronchitis, cancer, carbuncles, colds, coughs, concentration, diarrhea, headaches, hemorrhaging, inflammation, laryngitis, liver stress, pneumonia, prostate issues, meningitis, mood elevator, respiratory aid, sciatic pain, sores, staph, strep, tension, tonsillitis, ulcers, warts and wrinkles
Article By: Lonni A. (Align Patient)