Lemon is a very versatile and amazing essential oil! It possesses antifungal, antiseptic, and antioxidant properties and is often used to help build the immune system, fight respiratory conditions, aids in digestion and is known as a powerful aromatic, topical, and internal cleanser. Lemon also plays a very versatile role in helping clean around the house. It makes a wonderful natural disinfectant, and it also does a great job of breaking up grease and gum on dishes or in fabrics. In addition to these benefits, the aroma of lemon is naturally uplifting and has been shown in several studies to help reduce stress, depression, and anxiety.
Some common uses for Lemon are: Anxiety, Air Pollution, Allergies, Common Colds, Concentration, Constipation, Depression, Energizing, Furniture Polish, Greasy/Oily Hair, Hangovers, Overeating, Physical Energy, Purification, Relaxation, Stress, Water Purification.
- Pour nickel size amount of shampoo into hand. Add 1 drop off Lemon and mix together. Shampoo hair as normal for greasy/oily hair.
- A Cure for Laundry Neglect. Lemon essential oil takes out ALL odor when you forget and leave your load of laundry in the washer way too long!
- Deactivate the Sticky. Lemon oil can help you avert a hair cutting crisis the next time you deal with gum in hair. Got kids with obsessive addictions to stickers or temporary tattoos? Works for those too. Not for wide receivers.
- Love Your Luster.Bring your furniture back to life with lemon oil! Just add a few drops of lemon oil to olive oil for a non-toxic furniture polish. Lemon oil leaves a beautiful shine, prevents fine wood finishes from drying out, and replaces lost moisture in antique woods as it penetrates worn finishes.
- Stop Cutting Board Bacteria Palooza. Cutting boards can harbor bacteria in your kitchen. Nobody wants to taste the chemicals you have in your cleaning closet, yet most people love the taste of lemon!
- Control an Aphid Invasion, Naturally. Aphids — those pesky little bugs that dine on your roses and other plants. Lemon oil (or peppermint) with water in a garden spray bottle are a natural pesticide that kills aphids and their larvae on contact, but leave your plants looking lovely.
- Clear Thinking & Clear Focus, Made Visible. A clear mind, a clean slate, a fresh outlook. It’s all good. Real good. Diffuse lemon oil and you got it.
- Nice Mood … No Really. Chase away the moody blues (not the band), with a bit of blah-reducing lemon oil. Whether you choose to diffuse it or apply topically, it’s hard to not improve your outlook with lemon oil around!
- A Brighter Complexion.Lemon oil can help remove dead skin cells and exfoliate. For a homemade defoliant, add 4-5 drops to a small amount of oatmeal and water for a homemade scrub. Feels great!
Article By: Lonni A. (Align Patient)